Hello Fantastic Fans!
Summer is over! (boooo) i'm digging out my winter warmers and desperately trying to buy a onesie (!) in order to avoid the cold. I have had several different bouts of flu over the summer and whilst typing this i'm battling with a runny nose and an almighty cough which won't do one, despite me telling it to every half hour or so.
The year has gone so incredibly fast, it feels like i've not had a chance to stop and go "so now what's happening?" but I guess it's a good thing. As part of my plan to get more organised I have included a list of the celebrities I wish to marry, it's so hard to decide who I like best, and having already written "I Want To Marry tom Vek" I feel I should make it clear there are others.. you know.. in case they're reading... This isn't so much organisation as it is procrastination, but it's fun either way.
1.Simon Amstell
2.Kele Orekeke
3.Ben Folds
4.Jason Segel
5.Russell Howard
6.Paul Rudd
7.Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
I'm sure there are others but I can't think right now. 1 and 2 interchange depending on whether or not i'm listening to Bloc Party/Kele. Everytime I do i think he is my perfect man. But really it's Simon. hmmm.
Moving swiflty on I have been pouring through your questions all day - I must say I was shocked by the large amount of replies I recieved when I tweeted I was doing a Q+A session. Thank to everyone who entered a question, here goes:
1. Have you seen "Bolt" yet?
No, no I still haven't. I've heard it's excellent ;)
2. Tell me why, you don't like Mondays?
Aha. Come on Serious Questions now please.
3.What's your favourite biscuit?
Fox's creams. You know the round ones with the cream in the middle? either that or just a milk choc digestive. mmmm.
4.Earl Grey or Lady Grey? With/Without Milk?
Earl Grey, No Milk but a slice of Lemon. Done. mmm.
5. what song out of the set you generally do now can you see yourself playing in 20 years time?
Um. I honestly don't know. Probably "I Wanna Marry Tom Vek" can't see it ever dying!
6. If you could collaborate with anybody on the portsmouth music scene who would it be?
This is a difficult question, because ultimately I LOVE lots of Portsmouth bands. I'd say Luke Ferre but I feel it would be a bit obvious... Oh no, it would DEFINITELY be Oliver snook of Ornament Bird fame...yes. (Secretly it's KillKasper but I think it might be rubbish!)
7. If you were going travelling and you were only allowed 5 songs on your Mp3 player, what would they be?
This is triiiicky!
Buut. I think essentially i'd go for the songs which reminded me of home. So.
Bluest Light by Bloc Party
Ruby Tuesday - Stones
Beautiful Freak - Eels
Brick - Ben Folds
A Bug from Heaven - Cardiacs
8. What's your fave song?
I think this might be too difficult to answer. Maybe "Something" by The Beatles. Or no! I know. "Recycled Air" by The Postal Service. In Fact that should be in the previous question!
9. Do you think that there is pressure for girl singers to look the part?
Firstly, Ellie, I LOVE this question. And I do think that, but I also think that truth will out in that some celebrities i've seen on TV being interviewed LOOK fantastic, but they come across as boring. Unconfident even. It's all about being happy with who you are. When i'm on stage, i'm happy so I don't feel the pressure as much, when I come offstage or I see photos I think "oh I could do with losing weight" then someone offers me a sandwich. (I joke but honestly, i'm not promoting being UNHEALTHY, I just think it's down to personal choice, and I shan't be bullied into being a size zero, just because that's what everyone thinks I should look like!)
10. Where do you buy the dresses you wear onstage?
Honestly? Primark. Apart from one which is some designer or another, the rest I get in Primark. Cheap and Cheerful I suppose, and their sizes don't vary as much as other high street shops. A 16 is always a 16. I do LOVE dollydagger though.
11. If you could be any other celebrity, who would you be?
My first thought was Lady Gaga, because she's just incredible. Then I thought Lily Allen, because she's awesome. But honestly I think i'd have to say Dave Grohl. A day in the life of an absolute icon? I think so.
12. what's the best gig you've ever done?
There's a lot. The Big Bash was pretty special, but I also loved my hometown show with Luke Ferre and James Tippins after my first ever tour. It felt like a reward, if that makes sense. I also really enjoyed Liverpool Sound City this year with Eliza Doolittle, it was an exciting day.
13. Have you ever had singing lessons?
I had a couple of sessions just before I took my GCSE's where I sang through my final piece over and over with my music teacher (incidentally it was "When she loved me" from the Toy Story 2 soundtrack) but other than that no.
14. What make guitar do you play?
It's a beautiful little Yammy (Yamaha) and she's called Polly and i LOVE her.
15. When you write songs do you write the music first or the words?
Both. It depends. If i'm really bursting to say something then lyrics first. I remember writing "Lucky" on reciept paper when I was working on the tills in the Co-Op. I just HAD to get it out. Other times i'll have some nice chord progression and write to it!
16. Who's your favourite Beatle?
George Harrison.
17. Are you team Rocker or Mod?
Neither, fortunately I never had to choose. One of the only plus sides of being born after everything good happened.
18. What drugs is "Little Yellow" talking about?
None, Wayne. As I have explained many times, it's about the metaphorical addiction everyone has. May it be a person, a drug, alcohol, sandwiches, cleaning... Everyone has something that they do or don't do that they wish they didn't. Maybe a person they wish would leave them alone but crave attention from, or an addiction they can't quite kick, and perhaps don't want to. It's about wishing for the Little Yellow Pill in your life to leave you alone, so you can just be happy being happy, instead of feeling like you have to feel down.
19. Do you get annoyed when people say you sound like Kate Nash?
Yes and No. It's a tough one really. I LIKE Kate Nash. I have for a very long time. However, I don't think we're that similar. I think our sound is different and people just make the comparison because we have similar accents. and hair, apparently.
20. Who is your biggest musical influence?
ooooooh! I can't answer this. There are literally too many. I always wished I'd been Debbie Harry. But I wouldn't say she was my BIGGEST influence. there are too many to say.
Thank you for your questions, the ones I didn't answer I will do another time. I'm too tired now, and I feel a bit ill and want to go to bed!
Lodestar this weekend, Southsea Fest the weekend after next, then tour. Check the myspace for dates. hope to see a LOT of you there ;)
Love and all that,
particular thanks to all the tweeting participants today ladies and gentlemen.
Leigh xxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment