Hello Fantastic Fans,I haven't written in a while, but it's almost a good thing because I have become the worlds biggest twitter addict. Ever. All I Seem to do is tweet! And nothing important either just random notes about what i've been listening to/eating/watching. I am a tweet-a-holic. And I don't even really have that many followers... so if you're reading this and you are on Twitter then follow me, and I will try and start saying more interesting things ;) http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnR3aXR0ZXIuY29tL2xlaWdobWFyeXN0b2tlcw==
So we played at the Cellars recently with Eliza Doolittle. For those of you that have been paying attention, we supported her in late 2008 before we were a full band properly and it was a lovely gig, (the same gig included Doll & Her Kicks, Beans on Toast and various other bands that we've been bumping into around the circuit.. it's all very inbred don'tcherknow.)Her song Rollerblades was penned as one of my favourite songs of all time anyway, As anyone that downloaded my Spotify Playlist for 2009 would know. It was the first track. (Or possibly 2nd, sorry Eliza, I think Magic kids snuck in before you... still an awesome song though) so we were happy to be playing with what we were already aware was a huge a talent. It's nice doing gigs where you know exactly what you are going to get and in this case it was a lovely little set of soulful pop songs. Almost Hawaiian sounding, cheery and wonderful. Her band were great too.
First on was a lovely girl called Natalie Hall. We were talking about the set among ourselves and everyone agreed Disney should sign her right up because she was very Hannah Montana, but actually someone pointed out (Luke Ferre, he loves it) that she was actually more like Miley Cyrus. Just well crafted, gentle pop songs. Everyone enjoyed her set, and her band were spot on. www.myspace.com/nataliehall
Then we played, we mixed up the set a bit which slightly offended my OCD, and Gareth the barman had already mentioned my dress made me look like a toilet roll cover, so I was less than enthusiastic to play but then again as it was the first gig of the year I had almost forgotten what it was like to play live. As soon as I got on stage I was loving it. Despite a couple of hiccoughs in the first song mostly due to my soar throat as I was a naughty girl and may have gone out drinking and dancing to "Lucifers gold" the night before, the set went really well.To end the set - for the first time ever - the band left the stage and I played "I wanna marry Tom Vek" on my own, which people seemed to like. I really enjoyed myself and need to mention thanks to Iain @ Stiff Promotions for setting the whole thing up - always a good time. We sold lots and lots of CD's and had a nice little dance to Eliza.
Eliza's set was lovely as I mentioned before and if any of you haven't heard/seen her I'd check her out at www.myspace.com/elizadoolittle she's rather cute, and our friend Luke Ferre made the evening with a rather embarrassing proclaimation of love for her. She was flattered. I giggled. Fun times.
To be honest, the most exciting thing about the gig was being sat on the train the next day, flicking through the football pages at the back of The News - quick interjection to say did anyone watch the Southampton V Portsmouth match? Epic. I was quite hungover and I was feeling all sad because I thought we would lose and then BAM. 4 - 1. Gutted Southampton. (I'm fairly certain I can say this, because, although I have nothing against Southampton, I am a Pompey fan, and at some point that was going to come out, wasn't it? well it has now. Play Up Pompey!!!)
Anyway I was reading the news and I got a text saying "you're in the news, page 32" from an anonymous number. If this was you can you please please let me know as I have no idea who you are... Anyway, There it was, a lovely little write up of Eliza's gig. I would cut out the clipping but it would be a lot of cutting and sticking, and I spent 2 and a half hours glitter glue-ing a Valentines card the other night... that's enough arts and crafts for this week, - OH!! I also recieved my first EVER Valentines day card this year. Yes Sir-ee i felt popular. aha.so anyway here is the link to the story, check paragraph 3 for my bit:
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnBvcnRzbW91dGguY28udWsvZW50ZXJ0YWlubWVudC9FbGl6YS1Eb29saXR0bGUuNjA1NDAzNi5qcA==
Which obviously prompted the question from all of my fellow Portsmothian musicians "since when were you one of Portsmouth's favourite artists?" Which i thought was lovely... I love this city...!!
No but in all seriousness, that was a great review for us and I was very proud. I literally cannot wait to get on stage again though, its such an addictive rush!
We're currently booking for our next tour in April which includes a few stops on the south coast: Portsmouth, Isle of wight and Brighton, also several stops around the UK.
Get involved!
And if anyone has a spare £1000 I want a pair of these:
So we played at the Cellars recently with Eliza Doolittle. For those of you that have been paying attention, we supported her in late 2008 before we were a full band properly and it was a lovely gig, (the same gig included Doll & Her Kicks, Beans on Toast and various other bands that we've been bumping into around the circuit.. it's all very inbred don'tcherknow.)Her song Rollerblades was penned as one of my favourite songs of all time anyway, As anyone that downloaded my Spotify Playlist for 2009 would know. It was the first track. (Or possibly 2nd, sorry Eliza, I think Magic kids snuck in before you... still an awesome song though) so we were happy to be playing with what we were already aware was a huge a talent. It's nice doing gigs where you know exactly what you are going to get and in this case it was a lovely little set of soulful pop songs. Almost Hawaiian sounding, cheery and wonderful. Her band were great too.
First on was a lovely girl called Natalie Hall. We were talking about the set among ourselves and everyone agreed Disney should sign her right up because she was very Hannah Montana, but actually someone pointed out (Luke Ferre, he loves it) that she was actually more like Miley Cyrus. Just well crafted, gentle pop songs. Everyone enjoyed her set, and her band were spot on. www.myspace.com/nataliehall
Then we played, we mixed up the set a bit which slightly offended my OCD, and Gareth the barman had already mentioned my dress made me look like a toilet roll cover, so I was less than enthusiastic to play but then again as it was the first gig of the year I had almost forgotten what it was like to play live. As soon as I got on stage I was loving it. Despite a couple of hiccoughs in the first song mostly due to my soar throat as I was a naughty girl and may have gone out drinking and dancing to "Lucifers gold" the night before, the set went really well.To end the set - for the first time ever - the band left the stage and I played "I wanna marry Tom Vek" on my own, which people seemed to like. I really enjoyed myself and need to mention thanks to Iain @ Stiff Promotions for setting the whole thing up - always a good time. We sold lots and lots of CD's and had a nice little dance to Eliza.
Eliza's set was lovely as I mentioned before and if any of you haven't heard/seen her I'd check her out at www.myspace.com/elizadoolittle she's rather cute, and our friend Luke Ferre made the evening with a rather embarrassing proclaimation of love for her. She was flattered. I giggled. Fun times.
To be honest, the most exciting thing about the gig was being sat on the train the next day, flicking through the football pages at the back of The News - quick interjection to say did anyone watch the Southampton V Portsmouth match? Epic. I was quite hungover and I was feeling all sad because I thought we would lose and then BAM. 4 - 1. Gutted Southampton. (I'm fairly certain I can say this, because, although I have nothing against Southampton, I am a Pompey fan, and at some point that was going to come out, wasn't it? well it has now. Play Up Pompey!!!)
Anyway I was reading the news and I got a text saying "you're in the news, page 32" from an anonymous number. If this was you can you please please let me know as I have no idea who you are... Anyway, There it was, a lovely little write up of Eliza's gig. I would cut out the clipping but it would be a lot of cutting and sticking, and I spent 2 and a half hours glitter glue-ing a Valentines card the other night... that's enough arts and crafts for this week, - OH!! I also recieved my first EVER Valentines day card this year. Yes Sir-ee i felt popular. aha.so anyway here is the link to the story, check paragraph 3 for my bit:
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnBvcnRzbW91dGguY28udWsvZW50ZXJ0YWlubWVudC9FbGl6YS1Eb29saXR0bGUuNjA1NDAzNi5qcA==
Which obviously prompted the question from all of my fellow Portsmothian musicians "since when were you one of Portsmouth's favourite artists?" Which i thought was lovely... I love this city...!!
No but in all seriousness, that was a great review for us and I was very proud. I literally cannot wait to get on stage again though, its such an addictive rush!
We're currently booking for our next tour in April which includes a few stops on the south coast: Portsmouth, Isle of wight and Brighton, also several stops around the UK.
Get involved!
And if anyone has a spare £1000 I want a pair of these:

No comments:
Post a Comment