Firstly I'll get the important bits out of the way: we have finished our single!!! hooray!!
There are teasers to "little yellow" available on the believe player on the page, the single is due to be released on April 5th, of course available from all good digital distributors, so save yer pennies and download it. No excuses. I personally think it sounds bloody marvellous!!!
Another thing to note is that we reached the 100,000 plays mark. This might not seem a majorly big thing in comparison to Lily Allen's 68 millions plays to date, but I think it shows a milestone has been hit. It means that my songs have been heard by thousands of people, and i'm very greatful to everyone that has listened, especially those in the last few months.
We have had some more dates added to the tour which you can see on the gigs listings on the myspace page or at http://www.leighmarystokes.co.uk/ Some more dates to be released soon as well, it's all very exciting!
In the honour of Leigh Mary Stokes tradition, I would like to take a minute to mention some friends of mine. If any of you are hankering for a new musical flavour to spin then I suggest you check out some of my top Friends. They are filled with esteemed colleagues and good old buddy's of mine. Some we have played with, some I have sung along drunkenly to, some are stable mates and some I just aspire to be as good as! (Although if anyone asks, i'm the bees knees) I think the best bit about the music game is meeting new people, making new friends and ultimately hearing new music which brings you that fuzzy warm feeling that cake does... so yeah, check them out if you fancy!
Another important thing I wanted to mention is that I am still harbouring a terrible Twitter addiction. I love it. I literally cannot get enough of it,except that on perusing through the people on there I came upon a cat called Keef (like my kitty) which I thought was amusing for a short while until I noticed he had more Twitter Followers than me!! shocking! he wasn't even typing his own tweets!Anyway, so please follow me on www.twitter.com/leighmarystokes and I will update you with round-the-clock information about what is happening in my head.
I didn't get my banana shoes! but I did get a new dress recently, which turned out to be a less than great thing, as my photographer friend snapped me wearing it at the Express Fm studios where I appeared as a guest on The Me & Perrin, You & Everyone We Know Show. When I say I appeared, I mean I popped in for a chat and a cup of tea with the presenters and general riff-raff that they call regulars ;) Anyway, the picture wasn't great but as THREE TIMES NOW Kate Nash has out-done me I thought i'd register it here first. Three times she has worn a dress I own and been in some magazine, so, Nash, this one's mine. Do Not Buy.
:)

Speaking of pictures, look in the pictures folders for some recent snaps of us with Eliza Doolittle at the cellars taken by photochaser.co.uk - oh and speaking of Eliza, I heard her song on a telly advert today and got all excited :) Bless.
I've had this friggin' cold for nearly a month now, and today I have a bright red snotty nose, which is awful in particular because it means I can't go on chatroulette. Anyone not seen it? it's hilarious, actually hilarious. But I refuse to go on it looking like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. So it will have to wait. It's actually very sore and as I have spent money on 2 lots of sunglasses and sundresses recently on account of being too hot and blinded by the beautiful Southsea Sun, I would appreciate this winter flu buggering off and being replaced with a cool sunkissed glow...
I bought some studio equipment last week, and have spent all week recording some demo tracks of new songs, and lots of little recordings of myself doing various covers. Over the coming months there will be ways for you to get your hands on these as well as some other LMS goodies, so make sure you keep checking the blog and i'll keep you posted.
Finally,i'm only squeezing on 2 things at the moment. This bike which I sadly cannot justify buying when everything I need is in walking distance:
you get a great one from Albert Pier in Southsea, Roll on Summer,
Leigh xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment